RPCentral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Hero RP

3 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Super Hero RP - Page 7 Empty Re: Super Hero RP

Post  Specter Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:30 am

"Don't worry." he said. "She's the kind of person that doesn't really take sides, and will only do a job for the right price. She's really honorable, though, and I trust her to pay me back."

Johnny took hold of her arm so as to not fall when she started flying. "Thank you again for all this." he said. "It must be tough going up against a lot of stuff you're not very familiar with. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask."
Specter
Specter
Admin

https://roleplayingcentral.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Writer_712 Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:15 am

Lady Night shrugged off Johnny's thanks as she steered the wind platform above the skyline and began flying it in the direction of the cemetary.

"I can just chalk it all up to experience, right?" she pointed out. "And don't worry about owing me; this is what friends are supposed to do - take on murdering magical psychopaths. I know if I ever run into one, I'll call on you for help. You did help me throw off the glass curse." The young woman smiled, then was back to business. "Anyway...about your Prophet. How well can she handle herself? She might be honorable and neutral, but her abilities make her a target. And if she's been kidnapped and coerced by someone like Necro or Scarecrow, we could be flying into a trap in a couple of minutes." The agent glanced down at the ground and amended, "Actually, make that a couple of seconds."

Sure enough, within a seconds they began to descend towards the entrance to the cemetary as Agent Night warily cast an eye about at their surroundings.

Writer_712
Writer_712

Back to top Go down

Post  Specter Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:21 pm

"I wouldn't worry too much about that." Johnny said, stepping off the wind platform as soon as he could. "From what I've heard and what I've seen, she's really powerful. The thing that put her in danger when I saved her was...well, you heard of Cthulu? Makes him look like a baby."

Almost as soon as Johnny stepped down onto the ground, a hispanic woman dressed in a red wine colored blouse and black pants, with curly black hair, tan skin, and silver colored eyes, stepped out from behind a large tombstone. In her hand was a small witchball. "Here you go." the woman said, her accent slight but still noticable.

"What is it?" Johnny said, taking the small greenish blue orb from The Prophet.

"It's a modified witch ball." she explained. "If you project your energy into it, any magical energy with the same aura signature as you will become attracted to you. If you shatter the ball once you have all of your energy back, you won't have to fight your enemies without your power."

"This would've been useful two bad guys ago." Johnny remarked. "But thank you."

The Prophet started to walk away. "I owed you. Now we're even." she said. "Good luck."

As fast as lightning, several ropes shot out from behind a dead, crooked tree standing by a set of three tombstones. One wrapped itself around the Prophet's hands, binding them behind her back. Another bound her legs together, and the third formed a noose around the Prophet's neck. The rope around her neck pulled and dragged her, hanging her over a branch high on the dead tree, where she started to be strangled by the rope.

Johnny's eyes widened, then narrowed quickly. He knew exactly who this was. Any shadow of a doubt that he had was put to rest as he saw Necro's body fall into view from behind a tombstone, and heard a quiet but deep, gravelly laugh. A white light lit up behind the tombstone for a moment then dissipated. "Scarecrow..." Johnny said, his grip tightening on the witchball.

Scarecrow, wearing a dark, brimmed hat and a maroon colored bandana around his mouth to cover his mutilated face, stepped out from behind the tombstone. His black military boots made slight footprints in the hallowed ground. Blood covered his black vest and dark, dark red shirt, and dripped down his burlap pants, and down to the ground.

Another pool of blood started to form from the blood dripping down from one of the two, one-handed scythes he held in his hands. "Specter." Scarecrow started.

He knew his real name, but he refused to admit it. To him, Johnny was Specter, he was Scarecrow. There was no Johnny Rielly or Shawn Harris. "You know when a little kid is standing at the edge of a diving board, but is just too scared to make that move?" he continued. "That's you. You didn't use your power the right way. You let the things that really matter stay unchanged. I just wanted to explain to you that that is the reason I took your power. To make things right, because you wouldn't."

Johnny closed his eyes, gripping the witchball tighter. Scarecrow had just killed Necro, and who knows who else he had killed and who he would kill to fullfill his twisted sense of justice. Johnny put a hand in front of Lady Night to tell her to stay back before he started walking towards Scarecrow slowly.

"Shut up, Shawn." he said coldly as he started walking. "I'm tired of hearing this same bullshit spill out of your mouth every time I knock you down. With or without power, you're an insignificant little bug who is just barely a blip on my radar."

That wasn't true at all. Scarecrow was one of the three people that Specter frequently fought that he considered to be one of his biggest threats, alongside Wraith and Shade. But he knew how he could get in Shawn's mind, and get him to do what he wanted to do.

"You're all talk, Harris. Before you were Scarecrow, you couldn't stand up for yourself no matter how big a game you talked, and even now you are just as low and pathetic." Johnny continued, now standing within five feet of Scarecrow. "You think you're a hero, but you know what a real hero does, Shawn? He does what he says he will do. He does not leave promises unfullfilled."

Now Johnny was within a foot of Scarecrow, with the witchball held tight in his grip. Scarecrow's eyes were shut tight, as if he could block out Johnny's words that way. Those words were getting to him, deeply. "Shut up!" Scarecrow shouted at him. "I have done everything I said I will, and nothing has stopped me!"

"I'm stopping you, Shawn!" Johnny said back. "If you really want to be the hero you think you are, you're going to have to stop me!"

"Gladly!" Scarecrow shouted angrily.

With fluid movement, Scarecrow brought up the hand scythe that wasn't already soaked in Necro's blood. Swinging hard, he plunged the blade into Johnny's side. The scythe cut deep, and as Scarecrow pulled it back out, needing to pull with a bit of effort because of how deep it was, Johnny's blood splattered across the ground and several tombstones, leaving his sticky, crimson mark.

Johnny didn't make a sound as he dropped to his knees, nor as Scarecrow's eyes widened in surprise at what he just did. Johnny simply smiled before falling flat to the ground, dead, and as Scarecrow began laughing, in disbelief that he had actually killed Specter.
Specter
Specter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Writer_712 Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:26 am

As Johnny accepted the witch ball from the woman called The Prophet, Lady Night stepped off of the wind platform and dispersed it the breezes. After drawing her power back into herself, the young woman was about to turn to Johnny and ask if he had a plan in mind, when suddenly The Prophet was in a noose and dangling from a tree. Without a second's thought or hesitation Lady Night hurled a fistful of lightning at the length of rope. Her aim was true; the lightning burned through the rope and broke it cleanly in half.

The agent ran over to The Prophet. As she began cutting away the ropes tying the woman's hands and legs together, a flash of bright white light made her glance up in time to see Necro fall to the ground, dead.

"G!" Lady Night loosened The Prophet's bindings as she spoke into her two-way communicator. "Johnny and I walked into a trap. Scarecrow almost hung The Prophet, and I think he just killed Necro to gain Johnny's powers. Johnny's got some kind of witch ball to get his powers back, but I don't know if he can fight Scarecrow with only half his powers."

"Then free The Prophet and leave Necro," Agent G replied instantly. "I repeat, leave Necro. If he's dead, you can't bring him back. Help Johnny bring Scarecrow down and retrieve his powers. The bosses don't want Specter's enemies equipped with his powers."

"Acknowledged."

A moment later, Scarecrow revealed himself to be the killer. Aget Night finished releasing The Prophet and strode over to Johnny, who Scarecrow seemed to be taunting. Unfortunately, Johnny was reacting to the maniac, taunting him in response as he moved closer to the killer.

"Johnny..." Lady Night murmured warningly, but halted as the youth signaled her to stay back. Johnny was provoking Scarecrow into a mad rage, when he could do anything dangerous suddenly and without thinking. If Johnny wasn't careful, he would cause Scarecrow to break. If he didn't stop provoking the villain...

And then Scarecrow's scythe bit deep into Johnny, who fell to the ground as the villain began laughing.

"JOHNNY!"

In a burst of emotion Agent Night blasted a column of lightning at Scarecrow. Without looking to see if it had hit its mark, the young woman dashed over to Johnny and knelt beside him, desperately checking for vital signs and any indication that he was alive.

"Agent Night, what happened?"

"Shit shit shit shit..." Johnny's clothes were drenched in blood. Lady Night unzipped her long-sleeved top - leaving her violet tank top on - and pressed the black cloth against Johnny's wound in vain. "G, Scarecrow just stabbed Johnny with a scythe. I'm checking vital signs but I don't know if they would indicate anything because he just got some of his ghost powers back and they always change whether he's technically alive or dead..." The agent looked around in frustration for The Prophet. Hadn't Johnny said that she was powerful? Could she do anything besides read the future? "Help me!"
Writer_712
Writer_712

Back to top Go down

Post  Specter Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:42 pm

It was strange seeing himself dead on the ground. It was strange watching from above while Scarecrow was knocked into a tombstone by Lady Night's electricity and knocked out. It was weird seeing her over his dead body.

As Johnny floated above the scene, looking down at his corpse, a girl with dark black hair and snow white skin appeared next to him. She was the same age as Johnny, and was wearing tight black tanktop, black skinny jeans, black combat boots, and a silver ankh around her neck. She was Death.

"This might not mean much, but I'm sorry it always hurts." she said.

"I've gotten used to it. This is my fourth time dying." he replied, not taking his eyes off the scene below.

"Well, at least it will be the last time." she said, giving Johnny a sad smile.

"What do you mean?" Johnny asked.

"Well, I mean, I know you tried to get them back, but without your powers, there's nothing I can do for you." she told him. "Even for me, there are rules. And I've been around since the begining of existance. It's just a shame things worked out this way. I needed you sometime in the future, but I guess I'm going to have a lot of work to do when that time comes now. Anyway, wanna get some pizza? I know a place in Italy that's to die for. No pun intended. Well, maybe a little."

"Cass, do you know me?" he asked, finally taking his gaze off Julia and his dead body. "You know I don't give up that easily. I planned this. I have a plan to get my powers back still, and I had to be dead in order to get it without risking anyone else getting killed in the process. Now watch."

Cass smiled slightly to herself while crossing her arms, watching as Johnny flew down to his dead body. "You always were the most persistant avatar I've ever had, Johnny." she admitted.

Not hearing her, Johnny continued what he was doing. He leaned in to Lady Night's ear, because the easiest way for ghosts to communicate with people was through whispers. "Relax." he whispered. "Everything's going to be fine."

With that, Johnny leaned down next to his corpse. He reached his spectral hand down into the witchball, and, using a lot of concentration, focused his ectoplasmic energy into the ball. A white light bound started to eminate from the ball, and soon a white light flew from Scarecrow's chest and flew into the witchball. "Here we go." Johnny said, taking a deep breath, even though he didn't need to.

Focusing all his energy into the ball, the white light grew even brighter as the ectoplasm started to swirl around the ball. The witchball shattered, and an almost blinding white light flooded the whole cemetary.

After a few seconds, the light dissapeared light it had never been there. But where was Johnny? His corpse was still there, but he could feel himself in a strange abyss. He could only see darkness, but could hear something moving from it.

"Who's there?" Johnny asked, looking around.

He heard a very deep, gravelly voice begin to speak. "Now the gates have been unlatched, the tombstone pushed aside. Corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide." the voice recited eerily. "You are the willing servant of my sister. I have been called many names over the years. Misery, Pain, Sorrow. But my favorite, and the one I relate to most, is Gravehive."

Johnny was speechless. He didn't know what was going on. This was the first time in a long time that he had legitimately felt scared. "You are dead. And you are living. And I have seen what you are capable of, and I want you to leave my sister. Become my servant, and you will never have any worries for as long as life and death exist."

"Leave him alone!" Cass had appeared to Johnny and Gravehive in a bright light.

As Cass stepped out of the light, it remained there. He could see his body in the light. "Johnny, go now." she said. "I need to have a word with my brother."

This was the first time Johnny had seen Cass, seen Death, with an angry expression. He didn't want to stay around to see what would happen. He quickly ran out of the darkness and into the light.

Back in the living world, Johnny opened his eyes, gasping for air. He grabbed onto Lady Night's arm as he tried to get a grasp of what was going on. In the span of ten minutes he had died, gone to some kind of limbo where he saw the scariest thing he hadn't even seen, and now was back to life, lying in a pool of his own blood.

His wounds had closed up, and even though his blood drenched the ground, his clothes, and splattered across severral tombstones, it was as if he had never lost a pint. His heart was no longer beating and his skin was cool to the touch, just like it should be. As he realized what had happened, he looked up at Julia and smiled. "Miss me?" he asked.
Specter
Specter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7